The City of Los Angeles has broken ground on a "Great Streets" improvement project for South Robertson Boulevard in the Mid-City area.
The streetscape project, which will encompass a two-block segment of Robertson between Olin and Beverlywood Streets, calls for the addition of:
- a new traffic signal and decorative crosswalk at Gibson Street, designed by artist Alan Nakagawa;
- a pop-out bus platform in front of Emil Hardware;
- tree-well bench seating designed by LA-Mas;
- concrete-poured bulb-outs and curb extensions at Gibson Street; and
- painted bulb-outs at Beverlywood and Olin that may be replaced with concrete sidewalk extension as funding becomes available.
The South Robertson improvements are one of more than a dozen "Great Streets" projects throughout the City of Los Angeles, originating from an initiative of Mayor Eric Garcetti's office in 2014.
- Great Streets Initiative (Urbanize LA)