The project, which encompasses 16.5 acres of the 37-acre property, would create:
- A seven-story, 259-unit apartments building
- A 15-story building with 70 condominiums
- A seven-story building with 756 residential units and 37,420 square feet of retail and restaurant space
- A seven-story, 200-room hotel with 10,000 square feet of restaurant space
- Various improvements to N. San Fernando Boulevard
The proposed buildings would replace approximately 241,000 square feet of retail space within the existing shopping complex, including an Office Max, a Corner Bakery and a soon-to-be-vacated Ikea.
Per a site plan included with the submission package, pedestrian flow would be directed north from the mall by a landscaped promenade along a one-block section of San Fernando Boulevard. The proposed hotel and numerous residential would activate the space with ground-floor shops and restaurants.
Crown Realty & Development, the Southern California real estate firm behind the project, is targeting a completion date in 2020. Other members of the project team include TCA Architects and MJS Landscape Architecture.